Forget about classic pancakes covered with chocolate spread or chocolate syrup on top. I offer you a completely decadent chocolatey experience with this Nutella-filled pancake recipe. And yes, these are made with original Nutella cream, no cheating. Try and you won’t be able to stop!
- 8 tablespoons Nutella cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- First you need to freeze the Nutella cream, best overnight or at least 1-2 hours before you start making the pancakes. Place 8 tablespoons of Nutella on a baking sheet. Form flat circles with a knife. Put the baking sheet in the freezer.
- Make the pancakes. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. In another bowl mix the milk, egg and butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Grease it lightly.
- Pour a ¼ cup of the pancake batter onto the griddle. Place one frozen Nutella circle in the center, then add a little more of the pancake batter on top.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then turn the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Continue the procedure with the remaining batter and Nutella circles.
- Serve with some more Nutella cream or maple syrup on top.
For a different chocolate pancakes click here!