If you are looking for a pancake recipe that will satiate your hunger, and is both sweet and healthy, this Banana Pancake recipe will do the job. In 15 minutes you will be devouring a stack of pancakes so delicious, you will want more!
Servings: 12 pancakes
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 2 small or 1 large ripe banana, or about a cup mashed bananas, plus extra for slicing on top
- 2 cups buttermilk (or 2 tablespoons vinegar + enough whole milk or almond milk to equal 2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (or coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Place the buttermilk into a large bowl. If you are using the vinegar and milk option then let it sit for around 10 minutes so that the milk can turn into buttermilk. Pour the mashed banana, butter, vanilla extract and eggs into the buttermilk and wisk them well together. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and proceed to pouring them over the wet ingredients and mix just till combined. Set the batter aside for around 5 minutes, till it forms bubbles and rise a bit. Heat your griddle to 325 degrees. Melt a bit of butter onto it and spread it evenly. Using a medium sized scoop pour the butter onto the griddle to form pancakes. Cook a minute on each side and you are good to go.
You can use a variety of toppings, from more sliced bananas, butter and maple syrup, to strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips.